Friday, November 23, 2007

Taking Back My Christmas

I have signed up for an online journal class. The idea is to pick a theme, mine will be Christmas. I always have a hard time and really miss family this time of the year. So, I thought this would be good for me. So,
Starting December first, I will keep a Christmas journal. In it, I will write something everyday to reflect in the holidays of my past, enjoy the holidays of the present and dream about the holidays of my future. To some, this will be a stack of papers and trivial scribbles, but not to me. I am taking back my Christmas, I am letting it be something I relish and most importantly, I am giving some time to myself everyday no, matter how crazy this season becomes.
It will be like an art journal, a place to put pictures, receipts, cards, etc. I have also been making some holiday decorations. Here are the pictures of these that I have promised some of you-
This is an altered trading card spinner that I have covered the cards with Christmas papers, and included parts of Twas the night before Christmas story on, it is still a work in progress!

This is just a little holiday picture I made. I cut 2inch squares of holiday paper, and put embellishments on them. Pretty easy, and after the holidays I will take it out and put the photo back in it's place.











These are styrofoam cones. One I covered in buttons, and the other I punched out heart shapes from my stash of Christmas paper, and placed them on the cone upside down with pins.




I am liking the lime green, pink, red color scheme this year. Just having fun creating. Now, I have to go start making cards.


























2 comments:

cool kid said...

cool site, come see my blog at www.truesoccerhead.blogspot.com

ironman* said...

super interesting...wow...