Friday, January 4, 2008

New Years Resolutions

Its officially January 2008 and it is time for New Years Resolutions! I have lots of goals for this year. Here they are-

For Family-
* to read more with Billy and Brooke
*to build on the kids savings
*do a creative activity every day with Billy and Brooke
*pay attention to and nourish my kids interests and talents
*work on home improvements together
*teach my children more about Jesus, and have devotions with them
*spend more quality time as a couple
*eat more healthy
*exercise as a family

Creatively-
*start making Christmas cards and gifts early for 2008, throughout the year. Make a list, and store it in an organized way
*do something with my creativity. Start turning in some of my work. Get published in a scrapbook magazine
*take photography classes

Personal Goals-
*to become more healthy. I want to truly progress this year. Have more self discipline and will power
*to let go of things I have no control over
*to live each moment to the fullest
*to grow closer to the Lord. I want to study and read my Bible and find peace and knowledge within its pages
*to continually find joy and happiness in the simple things of life
* volunteer
*to be a better friend
*to be a better mother. More patient, and listen to what they are saying
*to become more involved at church
*to become a better wife, and grow more as a couple
*get more organized

I am going to print it, and post it somewhere that I can see often. Maybe here by my desk. Obviously this is a BIG list. I don't expect to meet every goal. I wont be disappointed or discouraged if I don't achieve something here. This is a *goal* list... a reminder of the person I desire to grow into, and a gentle nudge to keep doing some of the things that really benefit me and our family. If I complete any of these items, I will know that I have achieved success, and for that I will be happy.

No comments: